NYJTL is a youth tennis nonprofit organization offering comprehensive school and community-based programs to youth 5-18 years of age in all five boroughs throughout New York City. We are among 500 chapters of a national organization started by Arthur Ashe to give inner-city youth a chance to learn the game of tennis and provide them with experiences they normally would not get otherwise. NYJTL is the largest of the chapters, and we offer a safe and nurturing environment where youth can participate in different sporting activities, especially tennis, and reach their maximum potential in an academically supportive environment. Our flagship home is the Cary Leeds Center for Tennis & Learning in Crotona Park.
- 3,000,000 hours of year-round programs in tennis, academics, healthy living and character development for NYC youth
- 500,000 hours of free community tennis in 100% of NYC council districts
- 65,000 kids reached through tennis training for PE instructors in all 5 boroughs
- 10,000 children mentored annually by 400 dedicated NYJTL staff
- 46 years of continuous service
The foundation grant specifically underwrites four SAT preparatory classes throughout 2018, serving up to 100 kids. The audience will be composed of sophomores and juniors who are part of our Community Tennis and Advanced Training programs, as well as recommended students from the local high schools around Crotona Park in the South Bronx.